So here it is, my first finished crochet project, a Queen Anne’s lace scarf.
I almost didn’t take a picture of it today. The light wasn’t the best and I really wanted to be crocheting. But I thought, oh I’ll just drag my butt out of my pjs and have Alan snap some pictures.
And I did block this. I swear I did. But it’s been scrunched up in my purse and I didn’t bother straightening it out when we took the picture.
But of course I’ve never made anything like this before. Is it even realistically possible for it to lay all flat and perfect looking with normal wear?
Oh who knows, maybe it’s the yarn I used. I didn’t really plan on making the entire scarf. I’ve been practicing stitches with the first thing I grabbed from my stash. It’s the same yarn I used for Maggie’s hair. I don’t even know what it’s made of.
And then I came across this pattern and I wanted to try it out. I was enjoying myself so much I just kept going and going until it was done.
I think it would have looked better with a thinner yarn or bigger hook or something so you can see the lace pattern more clearly. Maybe I’ll make another one after I’ve finished the amigurumi dollies I’m making. Yes DOLLIES. I started a kitty but then realized my stitches were too loose. So I started a little alien guy to compare. Yeah. So when those are done.