It’s amazing, after sewing and ripping and sewing and ripping, I finally finished the mom’s bag!! After I figured out the first two diagrams in the book the rest was easy. Looking back at those pictures I don’t know how I couldn’t understand them before. It seems to make perfect sense now. If I had to do it again I would have done it a little differently. Again here is what the bag looked like in the book.
I didn’t use a solid material but this stripey one. I wish I had used a solid fabric because…
the little darts or whatever they are called in the front aren’t even noticeable in my bag. I might as well not have sewed them in.
I don’t know what kind of fabric I was supposed to use. I just chose cotton and a stiff interfacing. It was a little challenging because I had to sew this separate interfacing sandwiched in between my fabric. If I had to do it all over again I would have chosen a stiffer fabric or a different kind of interfacing.
Even my inside pockets didn’t work as expected. Sewing my purse, it seemed stiff, but now it doesn’t seem stiff enough and I doubt I will be using the inside pockets. It just pulls the whole bag down.
Well that will teach me to just choose fabric I like. I think I was attracted to the colors and had them more in mind for a quilt than this purse. And if you notice I didn’t even use the other two pieces of fabric I bought for this purse.
So on the whole I am very happy that I finished it but who knows if I will actually use it.